Tuesday

Lesson 3 - "san" - Some Things are the Same

We are going on a field trip! Join me at Mifunegaoka Elementary School in Takeo, Japan. Many things about our schools are the same!


When a visitor enters the school they need to sign the guest book and wear a name badge. (Notice the silver hairband? Kids loose things there too...)


They have maps on the walls but most of them have Japan placed in the middle. Which continent is this?


The younger kids do projects on School Helpers. Would you like to learn more about the Lunch Ladies?


I found lots of student art on the walls.



I was there on the day they had eye exams.


Please notice the cubbies. Nothing on the floor! Wouldn't that make walking in the halls easier? Hint, hint.


In class, kids use “thinking maps” to keep their ideas organized.


Oooops. I found some messy desks.


I went into the library and I found two of my favorite books! Do you have these at home?



Here is the class pet.


I found first graders with their P.E. teacher doing stretches before a game.


Do you know what struck me as the biggest similarity between our school and Mifunegaoka Elementary School in Japan?
Happy, friendly and welcoming children.